WAS: Alive but whining NOW: Mixed year car exhaust

I figured out the rattle is the dead cat rattling around in its can.
Since the noise is a bit bothersome I've decided to replace it and
possibly the rest of the exhaust too. I just cant figure out what to buy
as far as header downpipe and cat go that fits a 1.8 8v with a 1980
body. I'll be getting it from TT just to have an excuse to drive 50min
each way of back roads.

Basically I know nothing about the difference between aluminized and
stainless or what the available mufflers sound like. I'm going for quiet
and unassuming, not HEAR I AM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: