WAS: Alive but whining NOW: Mixed year car exhaust

Stainless is stainless.  It won't rust.  It will outlast the rest of the car
- esp. if it's a mk.1
Aluminized is just a steel pipe with an aluminum coating.  It can/will rust
at some point.  (but it's cheaper)

As for what's quietest, well, exhaust sound/tone is a matter for great
subjective debate.

GP