Dyno Day Quiz!!!!

On 8:18 am 10/15/07 "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So,
> Jason -10 for 217
> Ben +44 for 218
And, of course, I'm awfully
> impressed that Cathy's getting 110 Hp out of a 1.8L 8V. Most of the
> 2.0L 8V's that I'm aware of aren't getting more than 110 Hp unless they
> have a professionally ported head and 272 cam or larger. So, I guess
> that just goes to show that the stock ABA head/manifold outflows the JH
> head/manifold and that removing the CIS intake restriction is a good
> move for more HP. Course Timbo's recent 87 Hp out of a JH with dual
> outlet manifold and MS also points out the advantage of removing the
> CIS restriction. Dan

I was under the impression that the counterflow (ex JH) flows better than
the crossflow (ABA). Mind you I do have that set of bigger AEG intake
runners that bashes into the bracing on my hood! (And cooler intake air has
to be a good thing, the counterflow arrangement has to heat it
significantly).  And as for Ben's O2 readings, mine read between 12.5 and
13.5:1 on the datalogs, but more like 14:1 on the dyno plot, so at the
tailpipe may actually read a bit leaner than if you check it higher up
(which makes sense). So who knows what Ben's was really at if it topped out
the reading at the tailpipe! It was a fun day for sure!
Now what I'd REALLY like to know is whatr my fellow Canucks are putting
down with the other Frankenbuilds!
Cathy