Dyno Day Quiz!!!!

Yes not to bad,

  Consider that there is a leak from the test bong on the manifold (will JB weld that thing), Oh and to mention that the manifold is the toilet bowl type, with absolutely no mods on this car that would warrant any type of satisfaction on the horse power.

  I kept dreaming the PO had put a cam of some sort in there and that somehow that would have translated on 2 extra ponies, but that was a fairy tail

  Next move in my shoe string budget....will be the adquireing of a local and cheap RV engine for $50......I think that with the 4-2-1 minus the feline may improve some of the movement of both 4th and 5th gears on that FF tranny.

Dan Bubb <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  So,
Jason -10 for 217
Ben +44 for 218
Cathy +9 for 109.7 or thereabouts
Daun -3 for 61.5
and Tony -2 for 61

Well, not a bad day for any of you!
The 1.7 was only rated at 74 crank Hp so getting 61 to the road is pretty good.
Jason's numbers are pretty much in line with APR's claims. (yes, I cheated and looked to see how much he should have!)
Ben's HP is awesome for a 1.8T that's only mildly tuned with approximately 250Hp at the crank!
And, of course, I'm awfully impressed that Cathy's getting 110 Hp out of a 1.8L 8V.
Most of the 2.0L 8V's that I'm aware of aren't getting more than 110 Hp unless they have a professionally ported head and 272 cam or larger.
So, I guess that just goes to show that the stock ABA head/manifold outflows the JH head/manifold and that removing the CIS intake restriction is a good move for more HP.
Course Timbo's recent 87 Hp out of a JH with dual outlet manifold and MS also points out the advantage of removing the CIS restriction.
Dan

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.