Stalling on the Freeway

   The starter was turning fine. It was actually how I was able to get
the car to the side of the road. It's just that the engine would turn
over and over and not catch. I sat for a half on the side of the road
and the car started up, got me a few hundred yards, and died again. No
amount of revving the engine was able to bring it back. I finally got it
off the interstate and parked it in a lot, let it sit for two hours, and
when I went back, the outside air was much cooler and the car wanted to
run like a scalded cat.

--

  Martyrdom is the oldest way of achieving fame without ability.