Clutch Options

Did I miss all the possible responses to this post? What was the final word?

foxxinabox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  The clutch in my '85 8v has begun to slip and I know it'll need replacing
very soon. I plan on towing with the car and, while I'm sure a stock clutch
will work, I thought I remember reading something a while back that I could
use a 2.0l pressure plate and some other bits to make a heavier-duty clutch
assembly. Anyone know of what I'm talking about or did I just get a hold of
something bad? Thanx.