Proud American!

Mexican Immigrants?  Legal or Illegal?

It makes a difference.  If they are here legally I fully support
them--blessings of liberty and all that.

If they are here illegally they should be deported.  Do I hate anyone
personally or as a race--No.  (with the possible exception of my ex
wife)  As for the gent's reaction with the kbar--maybe there is
something we don't know--was the establishment a nexis of crime in the
community?

I can't say that I would have reacted terribly different.  I have
stopped and basically been an asshole when someone flies the flag
incorrectly.  My personal favorite was the McDonalds flag flying on
top of the National Ensign.  The other one I see alot is failing to
retire colors in the evening/failing to illuminate it.  As with anyone
who has served in the military for any country, a flag is one of the
symbols you are taught to respect, and you generally spend years doing
it.  Did I steal Ronnie McD's US Flag and theaten Ronnie with a knife?
 No but I did give the manager an earful and they remedied
immediately.

Back to the gent with the kbar judging from his age he was most likely
a babyboomer that grew up with symbology from WWII--particularly Iwo
Jima, who then later went to Vietnam, possibly wounded, saw alot of
his buddies die in horrible ways, came home and was blamed for what
happened there.  That being said he obviously has strong convictions
about it and not everyone in his generation embraced people from other
races.