LSD: Home Made vs. Elsewhere (Experiences Wanted)

  My understanding is that we all use it and some of us use it more than others.
  From what I read, VW transmissions come with a 20% LSD from the factory.
I'll be replacing the clutch in my '85 soon (it has a 9A transmission), I was
thinking about throwing in a Peloquin kit. Is there a noticeable difference
with the 40% and the 80% kit? Reason I'm thinking about throwing this in is
because I plan on towing with the car and would like something more than "one
wheel drive". Info on this would be appreciated. Thanks.