Sale at Techtonics!!!! Sticker Prices

On 11/8/07, Camron D. Crouse <camron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Geordy Rostad wrote:
> > Speaking of which, when you were talking about the original price of a
> > Scirocco 16v the other day, was that US or Canadian dollars?  The amount
> > was $27,000 iirc.
> >

> I have two original window stickers from USA 16V's I formerly owned:
>
> VIN: wvwcb0533hk016820
> Year: 1987
> Port of Entry: Wilmington, OH (Hi Daun!)
> Dealer: Milt Taylor VW, Lancaster OH
> Base Price: US$13,500
> Add A/C: US$795
> Add 4 Speaker Stereo Cassette: US$410
> Destination Charge: US$320
> Final Sticker Price: US$15,025
>
> VIN: wvwcb0539hk003084
> Year: 1987
> Port of Entry: Vancouver, WA (Hi, uh, ME!)
> Dealer: Riviera Motors, Hillsboro, OR
> Base Price: US$12,980
> Add Black Leather: US$650
> Add 4 Speaker Stereo Cassette: US$410
> Add Sunroof: US$475
> Destination Charge US$330
> Final Sticker Price: US$14,845
>
> What is weird - The car from Ohio ended up in Vancouver when I bought it
> from original owners, and the car from Vancouver migrated out to the
> south (Georgia, IIRC) before returning home to Vancouver.
>
> Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
> '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L

Yeah, it was Canadian, and it would have included all the charges. I
recall thinking that it was about the same as my bug, but may have
remembered that too high, maybe it was the same as the US rice for a
New Beetle. But it was in Canadian dollars. My memory is notoriously
bad (for numbers especially) but I do remember the car had all kinds
of options listed. And the only other price I have ( I guess) is a
number written on the front of my 1979 brochure, 9700, beside which is
written Super Sport. I can only assume that is a price for the "pre-S"
 edition offered in the 1979 model year. $9700 is a crazy price in
1979! OUr cars are always more expensive than yours anyway for
whatever reason.