Use of foam as insulator?

Thanks all. That was good info.
Vic's really noisy inside the car, out side is ok, but WOOF. tromp on it and you cant hear a thing.
The floors will be done with truck bed liner from duplicolor, I was thinking that while the guts were out of the doors, it would be a good time for a bit of that stuff in there as well.
The foam I'd use in the rear Passsarea behind the covers and near the trunk.
If any one has a link to the type of padding the MKI uses as underlay I'd love to see it.