Seats...which ones fit?

Need some seats for my mk1. I'm 99.9% sure I've heard that A2 seats fit with no problem. What about A3/A4 seats? Any suggestions on something I might be able to find at a junkyard in decent shape these days?

Otherwise, I'm tempted to find a set of Subaru 2.5RS or WRX seats and break out my welder. Those things are comfortable, look nice, and can usually be found relatively inexpensive around the midwest area. And the tracks are integrated into the bracket, so I could just fab some adapter brackets and bolt them into the stock sliders. I already made a gaming chair out of an STI seat. :-)

Neal
'77 Scirocco