electric problem continues

The battery light is actually an LED if I am not mistaken.  LED's have an
average mean time between failure rating in the 50,000-100,000 hour range.
If your battery light has been on for a total of 50,000+ hours... You've got
bigger problems brother!

I am not making light of your situation.  Just restating what Comrade
Lagnese has stated.  You have a couple of problems.  Remove the alternator
and take it to a FLAPS.  They can bench test it.  The Callaway was doing the
same thing you described when I first got it.  I replaced the battery,
bought new alternator, replaced cables...  What finally seemed to have fixed
the problem was I replaced the fuse panel which was corroded to hell and
gone.  That being said, apparently you can ruin an alternator if the battery
is not charged or you have wiring problems.  The last few alternators I have
bought compare this to crossing the streams in ghostbusters.  I am not sure
why this is.  Is there some reverse voltage thing on a dead battery?  I know
some dry cell batteries (Li-Po) can do that but I am not sure about wet
cells.

Paging a guru...

If you sort this out relay your headlights.  After reading the MS thread
fun, I am starting to believe that the more you take off the fuse panel the
better off you are.  I have a seperate power terminal block on the passenger
side tray.

Not that I am a wealth of knowledge here... my coolant light has been
blinking for a while.  Car runs fine just blinks... it's frickin' maddening
when you are deadlocked in traffic though.  I want to rip my dash apart with
my bare hands.  Then I get home and I don't care.  LOL

Chris