suspension update, and an alternator light Q

Hi guys,

I am feeling much better after discovering what really happened with my
suspension. It turns out.. I did not stupidly leave off the threaded cap
that keeps the strut insert inside the tube.. it just came unscrewed, and
got stuck inside the upper spring perch (!). And, this only happened on
the passenger side. The cap was still there on the driver side. I guess I
didn't see it somehow when I checked it out without taking anything apart
a few weeks ago.

So I take back my previous comment- I am not an idiot, I just need to
learn how to tighten things properly.

I got two new Bilstein front strut assemblies from potterman and put them
in this afternoon. The handling is vastly better, and for those that were
curious- there /was/ a lot of wear on the shock body and (less so) in the
tube itself. I'm still happy with my decision to replace the struts and
not just the inserts. I also changed out the upper strut bearings which
was a good idea since the old ones looked rather beat up after they came
out.

So on to my question--

I have the classic glowing alternator light problem going on. I installed
a brand new regulator, and that did not solve it. What I noticed tonight
for the first time, though, is that the glowing gets brighter if I turn
more accessories on. Is this known to be indicative of anything in
particular?

Thanks

-Toby