Window Tinting - Installed vs. DIY

My paint/semi-resto project is approaching the reassembly phase, and I
need to make a decision on Window tint while the glass is out of the
car.  A local shop of [presumably] reputable quality
<http://www.ultimatewindowtinting.com/> quoted about $200 for
materials/labor. Removal of my old tint, which is generally in good
shape though starting to go somewhat purple (indicating
end-of-lifecycle), is *not* included in the quote.  I do have my wife's
garment steamer at my disposal, however, so I don't think it'll be a
problem to remove myself.

However, I can't imaging tinting removed glass should be too difficult.
Hell, I learned how to paint my car, right!? I have tinted our (flat)
house windows, but are the compound curves of Scirocco glass enough
hassle to leave it to the pros?  If so I'd like to get the quote reduced
since I'd be bringing in loose glass, [presumably] aiding in
installation ease.

OTOH, I could go tintless.

Input welcome, thanks!

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA