16v ECU/hardware swap or Megasquirt?

Daily driver..

keep the CIS-E in it. Like it or not it is pretty simple and will 99% of the
time get you home.

cases where it wont.
the hall sensor conncetor on the dizzy break/craps out. -- no ignition and
no fuel depending on the FP relay.
toasty fuel pump.
busted motor.

generally even if its running bad it will let you limp home. And it harder
to get more simple than factor that has already worked for ~20 years on that
car and willingly takes engine mods with no changes to the fueling system.
think about that add 20% more air flow and do nothing to the fueling.. it
just works. Thats the beauty of a mechanical based mass air flow meter. --
yep thats what the air flow plate is. Im sure that a few MEs can correct me
if i'm miss-stating, but its a gravity vs. mass air flow thing (force
applied).

remember that ferrari used this on their V8's they just used 2 of them.

The Bentley applies

My 0.02USD

Stuff that you will be irriated with.
the idle will hunt...Havent been in one that it doesnt yet... its all how
much.

Bigmac