16v ECU/hardware swap or Megasquirt?

Hey list,

I'm going to be swapping over most of Michael Abatzis' old 16v I
hauled up here from New Orleans recently into my 82 (cirrus grey, w/
snowflakes Neptuno!).  The donor car has a nice 1.8L 16v punched out
to 2L, w/ TT race header, and a bunch of other goodies.  I've never
owned a 16v in my 17 years of Scirocco ownership (!?), so I don't
really have an opinion of the stock 16v setup.

My options are to use most of the stock 82 setup, swap over the
complete 16v setup (w/ enrichment module), or Megasquirt (w/ coil pack
ignition)...  I have not looked into how difficult the 16v fuel/spark
swap would be, so if anyone has some insight into what to expect there
that will help me as well.  As for Megasquirt, I've followed the
development of it since quite early on and I know what to expect in
terms of the hardware required and how to implement it.

I'm leaning towards Megasquirt, especially since my MS project got
scrapped last year, but as this car is (and will be) my daily driver
I'm not overly concerned with wringing every last hp out of it.
Anyone care to talk me out of it?  :)

Thanks,

Mark.
75