Gas in the oil, HELP :(

On 3/20/07, Lexan Blanchard <lexan_122874@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The injectors, on the other hand, ARGHHHHHHH!  My mom even said, "Oh,
> you're
> frustrated, I'll come back later."  All 4 sprayed gas when the fuel pump
> was
> jumped.  They spray a beautiful cone-shaped pattern, but they shouldn't be
> spraying.

First check the resting position of your air metering plate in the air
cone.  Off hand it should be about a nickels width below where the cone
stops on the side closest to the motor.  Bently has a good diagram and
dimensions.  If it is too high it could be pushing the fuel distributor pin
up and constantly letting fuel through to the injectors.

I think your problem is in your fuel distributor.  Sounds like the fuel pin
that moves up and down is stuck in the up position.  I had that problem
before and never found a way to pull the SOB down to get it sliding again so
it sits in my scrap pile now.  I would swap out your fuel distributor with a
known working one.  There are a lot of different lengths of fuel metering
pins which screwed me up for a while so make sure you get one from a car
identical to yours.  They usually have a colored sticker and a 1 or 2 digit
number on them but sometimes they wear off over the years.  Also use part
numbers if they are there.  Also make sure the roller on the air plate arm
that the pin rides upon is moving, that has dicked me before also.  Lube it
up to keep it moving in the future.

> So, guess this answers the question of why I have fuel in my oil.  Now,
> what
> do you guys recommend?  Does this mean I just need to adjust the mixture
> screw?  Or do I need to put 4 new injectors on order?  Or is this
> something
> completely different?

Injectors are fine if you have a good conical spray and do not drip.  I
still do not see how fuel can get in your oil unless your piston rings are
completely shot.  Do they hold pressure under testing or does it leak out?
New injector O rings will help keep them sealed and prevent vacuum leaks.  I
would not touch your CO screw until you get the fuel issue resolved.   Even
if it ran badly before, messing with the CO screw while it is not running
could hurt you in the long run.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

--
Gordy