Gas in the oil, HELP :(

Well, looks like Gordy was correct.  Checked metering plate and it moves
freely, and sits in the correct spot, etc.

Pulled fuel distributor (how many fuel lines does it take to run a car!!!).
The plunger pin is stuck up in there and I can't get it to move.  Guess that
is the culprit.  So, off the parts places.  Hopefully I can get one of these
without breaking the bank.

Maybe, MAYBE, this will be it and the car will start.  I want to drive this
car so bad I am having dreams of being behind the wheel.  I have the stereo,
and the shocks will be here Friday.  Just need the sway bars and we are in
business.  Oh yeah, gotta get insurance and tags ;)

Thanks again all!
Lexan

>From: "Gordy Stedman" <ydrogs@gmail.com>
>To: "Lexan Blanchard" <lexan_122874@hotmail.com>, Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Gas in the oil, HELP :(
>Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:37:09 -0700
>
>On 3/20/07, Lexan Blanchard <lexan_122874@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The injectors, on the other hand, ARGHHHHHHH!  My mom even said, "Oh,
>>you're
>>frustrated, I'll come back later."  All 4 sprayed gas when the fuel pump
>>was
>>jumped.  They spray a beautiful cone-shaped pattern, but they shouldn't be
>>spraying.
>
>First check the resting position of your air metering plate in the air
>cone.  Off hand it should be about a nickels width below where the cone
>stops on the side closest to the motor.  Bently has a good diagram and
>dimensions.  If it is too high it could be pushing the fuel distributor pin
>up and constantly letting fuel through to the injectors.
>
>I think your problem is in your fuel distributor.  Sounds like the fuel pin
>that moves up and down is stuck in the up position.  I had that problem
>before and never found a way to pull the SOB down to get it sliding again
>so
>it sits in my scrap pile now.  I would swap out your fuel distributor with
>known working one.  There are a lot of different lengths of fuel metering
>pins which screwed me up for a while so make sure you get one from a car
>identical to yours.  They usually have a colored sticker and a 1 or 2 digit
>number on them but sometimes they wear off over the years.  Also use part
>numbers if they are there.  Also make sure the roller on the air plate arm
>that the pin rides upon is moving, that has dicked me before also.  Lube it
>up to keep it moving in the future.
>

>>So, guess this answers the question of why I have fuel in my oil.  Now,
>>what
>>do you guys recommend?  Does this mean I just need to adjust the mixture
>>screw?  Or do I need to put 4 new injectors on order?  Or is this
>>something
>>completely different?
>

>Injectors are fine if you have a good conical spray and do not drip.  I
>still do not see how fuel can get in your oil unless your piston rings are
>completely shot.  Do they hold pressure under testing or does it leak out?
>New injector O rings will help keep them sealed and prevent vacuum leaks.
>would not touch your CO screw until you get the fuel issue resolved.   Even
>if it ran badly before, messing with the CO screw while it is not running
>could hurt you in the long run.
>
>Good luck and let us know what happens.
>
>--
>Gordy
>MK1 x 4

Interest Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18466&moid=7581