So sad...

On 11:20 pm 03/04/07 Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>
> >  f) transporting Scirocco parts across international
> >  borders....
>
> How was the crossing on the way back with all that loot?

Fine, I had intended to declare it, and had my 48 hour exemption, so I
swiped my Mastercard, and there was no vehicle inspection ( they were busy
ripping apart someone else's car already). So it took five minutes tops.

> >  and a SWEET HO scale MkI model for a belated Christmas
> >  gift. I have such
> >  cool frineds!
>
> LOL!  I just wish I could have gotten it in Green!

Maybe I need a red one. Chris???? When are you bringing that one East?? :)

>  I guess that delicious Porter counts too,
> >  and the crepes for
> >  breakfast, my friends just spoil me :)
>
> But you're worth it 'eh?

Beer and sweets? Oh yeah, I may not be worth it, but I sure enjoy it...

> >  And I patted Klaus when I got home, Michael, so you're
> >  not the only one.
> >  Well, let me qualify that, I do NOT need a girlfriend,
> >  just so that's clear!
>
> See a theme here?  I stopped at the hangar on the way in
> tonight too (since that's where Brad was) and at least
> glanced at Deiter & Gino.  The 16v was on the other side of
> the hangar....

Oh, I presented her new jewels in front of her front bumper so she can look
at them all day. So we'll hope that should keep HER happy...

> 600+ miles round trip and I've yet to have to refill the
> tank.  Gotta love TDIs.

I filled mine Wednesday, and went to Jay's and most of the way back on it.
I opted had to fill up a half hour from the border on the US side, due to
potential shortages here. (700 kms, and it wasn't empty). I'll be good for
a while now. And mine behaved well on the way home, no clue what its issue
was on the way down. 8 years old now, it has the right to be moody once in
a while.

Cathy