To Rebuild or Not To Rebuild

I would throw it in and go if it had good compression and did not leak oil
or burn oil in the previous car, which it sounds like it did.   I have put
in engines that have sat 5 or more years and are still running today.  Will
they fail tomorrow, who knows.  I say if it ain't broke then don't try to
fix it.

On the other hand, if you had the money for a rebuild and it was in your
plan for the car then go for it.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5