Control Pressure Problem

The last 3 cars I have had problems with have been in the fuel distributor.
I wish new ones were not so spendy but do understand the reason.  Anyone
know of someone who rebuilds them or if there is a rebuild kit?  I have
taken a few apart and have no idea how to get them back together.  It is a
maze of springs and gaskets.  I would like to try and start a data base of
all the different styles of fuel distributors.  Info on metering
shaft(diameter, length, location of slot), the type(color of sticker on the
front, number, air box size, VW or Bosch part number), year or car, engine
size, etc.  I would need a lot of info and I do not know if there is an
accurate way to find it or collect it.  Most sciroccos now seem to have very
few original parts in them.  Maybe Bosch already has that info somewhere, I
have not looked yet.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5