Cincy 2007 notes

Another Cincy has come and gone.  I felt so...   unprepared
this year thanks to the 172 project taking longer than
expected.  (As of last night though, it runs!)  From the
sounds of it, everyone still managed to have a good time
despite my dropping the ball on things like setting up a
projector for the Megasquirt forum.  There's always next
year I suppose.

So where do I begin to go through MY list of thank yous?
I'm sure I'll forget someone but:

-Chuck Blue for all your efforts in prepping and bringing
the main course every year.  I'm glad your wife was finally
able to make it, I hope she comes back next year.

-Ellen / Tonee / Margret / Brad for the eggs and other food
preparations, including the homemade ice cream.  (That one
may become another regular menu item at future Cincys.)

-Cathy Boyko for all the hard work you put into the awards,
and the use of your "Hostess" shirt.  :)

-Brett VanSprewenburg for coming through with t-shirts
every year, not to mention keeping scirocco.org running.

-Greg Pallet for the cool shirts and CDs.

-Jim Ruffi for the wheel bearings.

-Everyone for picking up after yourselves.  I really had
nothing to do after everyone left other than take the signs
down, and that's really saying something for hosting a
group this size.

So who'd I forget?

I really thought Friday was pretty cool this year - we had
more people here earlier than I can remember in recent
history.  Saturday morning was a little odd too as people
really slept in this year.  I grabbed some breakfast and
was back and mom & dad's by 8:15 or so, and other than the
usual early risers (Cathy & Drew), nobody really rolled in
'til well after 9:00.  The cruise on Sunday got off to a
later than planned start, but that seems typical.  I didn't
want to leave people that wanted to go as they were still
packing up stuff at the house.

Also, I have a question to throw out to the masses.  It's
been brought up by a couple people that couldn't attend
this year that it would be easier for them to make it if
the date was moved another week or two later.  It seems
early June is bad for people with kids that are still in
school.  I really don't care when we hold Cincy - it is up
to all of YOU to decide.

I'll try and get my pix up in the next few days, and in the
meantime enjoy the ones everyone else took.

Is it time for Cincy '08 yet?

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172