From: Rob Calderwood [mailto:robcalderwood1@charter.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:01 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: My hatch glass removal process

I removed my rear hatch glass to ready my rocco for painting without
cutting the weatherstripping or breaking the glass! I thought some may
be interested how:

I bought six 6" plastic taping knives and a couple of 1.5" putty knives.

Starting inside the window near the bottom corner, I wedged one 6"
between the rubber and the metal frame. I continued wedging knives all
the way to the other corner. When I pried the rubber at each corner, the

entire weatherstripping folded above the metal frame and the knives fell

out. I continued my technique along the sides about 3/4 the way up where

I just pulled the glass down to unseat it from the top. I used the 1.5"
knives more on the sides especially around the rear shelf strap
brackets.

Cheers,
Rob