Starter still runs :(

Well, I have tried everything (changing the ignition switch which looked
like it needed it anyway, changing connections and testing wires, etc) and
the starter motor still runs after disengaging.  So, I guess at this point I
am going with the new starter has a bad solenoid.  I will be paying my local
auto parts dealer a visit tomorrow to discuss a no-charge trade.

So, since the starter saga has me down, I decided to make the seats move as
they are gunked down (since I am only 5'3", it is necessary for the driver's
seat to move into the dash for me to comfortably reach the clutch pedal.
Tall people HATE to drive cars after I have sat in them).  The driver's side
was little problem.  Some PB Blaster and the pin gave, then a little WD-40
in the track area, and we are golden for when the car is drivable!

The passenger seat caused some headaches and the discovery of a problem.
The slider thing connected to the seat looked a little rusty.  I attributed
this to the weather stripping leaking (which I have repaired).  When I stuck
a screwdriver beside the track to pull gunk out, it went all the way through
the floorboard :(  Crawled under and there is an area about the size of a
silver dollar that is rusty and soft.  So, before the car moves out of the
building, is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks!
Lexan

simple tips.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline