grounds

On 2:20 pm 02/18/07 levi perkins <subawrxsti@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ive been having some problems with grounds i replaced the battery
> cables and i caould actully feel the differnce in the engine  now i
> want to go and do the rest of the grounds i did the one from the coil
> to the head  are there anyother that i should worrie about   also
> does anyone know where the grounds for the mfa are its been doing some
> wierd stuff it reads in code untill on the oil temp it reads from 220
> to 230 and everywhere esle is mest up can any one help me i hate
> wireing

If it's a 16V, it has a sensor on the back of the head that reads oil
temp., with a single wire to it. It'd ground directly to the engine where
it screws in. It'll read wacky if the wire to it is half dead, and that may
be the source of the problem. It's in a different location in an 8V, but
the idea is the same. More resistance in any form will make that thing read
high, and that could include a bad wire, corrosion, a loose connector, or
even a broken sensor. (mine was cracked and leaking oil)
As for big grounds? Tranny to frame under the airbox is one that gets
really corroded, the other end of it goes to the battery (from the frame),
so maybe you got it fixed up. Don't be afraid of the wiring, it'll make
more sense the more you dive into it. I'm not great at it, and I still get
confused, but a lot fo times I can sort it out, so I'm better than I was
when I got the car.

GL, and dont be afraid to ask the list specific questions, eh? There are
probably a lot of lurkers wondering the same things.
Cathy