Knock sensing

On 9:44 am 08/29/07 "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm guessing that if it's lifter noise (and brand new lifters at
> that!) then it'll make the noise irrespective of throttle position.
> So, if it's only making the noise under full throttle it's
> detonation. I'd back off the ignition a couple degrees in the
> 90-100-110 KPA range from 3500 to 5000 as a first step.

Yeah, I did essentially that today, actually with two identical maps except
for a bit of retard in those zones and it seems to have made a difference
(and feels stronger on the top end too, which you'd expect I guess). So
that "mild" map was still a bit wild for Klaus it seems, I'm back to the
first spark table. I was wondering though, if there'd be a difference in
AFRs or anything already in the log, but I guess it's too fast to pick up
there, and it does burn the fuel, just not in a safe way.
Anyway, I'll dig into those other links shortly, and thanks eh?
Cathy