Knock sensing

Okay, I have a perfectly good knock sensor sitting in a box, and I'd like
to wire it up to a light on the dash, so I can "see" any knock. (This is on
my MSnS car, an 8V).
Once in a while I hear a light noise that sounds like lifters, and may well
be (since at this point my oil pump is still an unknown quantity), but it
occurs at a time when it could also be knock (high rpm like 4500+/high
load). Obviously I'd like to avoid knock.
Also, for the 'Squirters, what does knock "look like" on MegaLogViewer when
reviewing datalog graphs? AFRs in the suspect areas look fine (13:1), but
it may be a spark advance thing. Oil pump will get swapped for a known
hydro version next oil change, so that'll resolve that as an option for the
noise, I just don't want to be doing any damage in the meantime.

Also, I got some piezos from Jim R a long while back, who's got the recipe
for that little listening device? It was mentioned on list a long time ago,
but searching the archives is just too painful for me. Please take pity. :)
 Cathy