What can be done to help a tall driver fit?

Thanks for all the responses. I think that a short-shifter would
probably be the right thing to start out with.  Is there a standard
kit that works well?

Also, do any of you have an opinion on what a good price for an '87
16v with 92k on the clock.  The car is in great shape inside and out
w/ the sunroof and no A/C.  Looks to have a factory alarm which is
not working and an non-original blaupunkt tape deck.  Very clean and
from the original owner.  Its a great car and I pretty much fell in
love - hence the incentive to squeeze my long legs into it. :-)

-E