What can be done to help a tall driver fit?

There are several decent short shift kits out there, Autotech and Neuspeed
to name two.  You could also consider and upgrade to a spherical bearing
system, such as the USRT one: http://www.usrallyteam.com/shiftlink.html

I'll leave it to others to provide more input.

A clean, mostly original Scirocco with little to zero rust, complete and
running well, with shiny original paint should fetch between $1800 and
$3200, with $2200 to $2800 being more or less typical.  You should be able
to add a couple hundred if that car's condition matches its mileage.  A
really nice one can be upwards of $3500-$4000.  Subtract a hundred or two
for Tornado Red, IMO.

FYI: there was never a factory alarm or keyless entry made for a Scirocco.
Likewise for (glass) moonroofs or power roofs of any kind.

Where are you located?