Strut Time - suggestions? Koni vs Bilstien vs Bilstein

-----Original Message-----
From: LEF [mailto:rocco16@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:57 PM
To: Dan Bubb; Cris Carpenter; scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Strut Time - suggestions? Koni vs Bilstien vs Bilstein

Larry said...
'I'd say it takes years for enough gas to leak out and affect performance.'

That is not very empirical statement, heir engineer.  I drive pretty
aggressively, but not without mechanical sympathy for the car.  With that
said, on Oklahoma roads, I went through Koni adjustable front struts in
under two years, but the rears still have life.  I went through KYB GR2
fronts (many years ago) in all of six months, Keeps You Bouncin' (not).

Larry said...
'Bilstein would probably agree, since they claim their shocks are good for
100,000 miles.'

Volkswagens are filled with lifetime coolant, ATF and brake fluid.  If you
believe that, I have this bridge I would like to sell you, it needs a little
work....

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/81/Nom_bridge.jpg

[/bastard mode off]

David