warning: now OT political (was "Bridge Collapse")

Chris Bennett wrote:
>   All of
> us by membership to this list feeds the fire so to speak with our love
> of cars that are dependent on foriegn oil.
  My car only depends on "foreign" oil because my domestic oil is
diverted to the US.
  My biggest worry is your next sentences:

>   Dependence on foriegn oil
> means that we have to protect the tankers and our "business"
> associates in Saudi Arabia.  Break the dependence on Oil and the US
> wouldn't have troops and ships in that area.  We (the western
> civilzation) have painted ourselves into a corner.
  Troops and ships to protect your dependency on oil! Scares me because
we have oil here ...
  We do not believe we need that much protection, thank you!  You want
oil? Just give us money and we will be happy.
  Oh, you do not want oil anymore? We have electricity too! Hydro
electricity to cool you down in the summer.
  No troops please :-)

    Jean-Claude
    84 8v (more frugal than any SUV)