OT: TDI tranny

Might well be, and yeah, just look for the ends of the cables on the tranny
end, and you'll find the lever. From what I understand it's a common
failure point, and my shifting was sloppier before the failure. Mine's
sleeping for the summer again, but it's got an aluminum oil pan. And my
belly pan's 1/4" aluminum now too, that plastic thing's a pain in anything
but nice neat city driving. One snow drift and it's toast.
Cathy