OT: TDI tranny

My TDI is shifting funny after an encounter with a flooded road.  Shifting
into 1st is particularly troublesome, but 5th and 4th aren't as smooth
either.  I am quick to blame the hydraulic clutch because it feels like
shifts at higher RPMs are smooth but any short shifting or shifting into 1st
when the car is totally stopped is difficult.  But I have a bias against the
hydrau clutch pedal because the feel sucks.

scirocco content:  the 020 tranny is *still* getting rivets drilled out.  I
am paranoid that I will go into the ring gear.  The rivets were intact but
there were a couple of cracks visible on the surface that might have
developed into something worse if the remained in place.