OT: VR6 rebuild advice

Greetings,

So, I picked up a '97 VR6 Passat w/ 130k for Sandei as the prospective family vehicle.  I got it for a song, but the catch was it
needed the timing bits replaced (chain / guides are making audible noise).  I checked out a good guide posted here:
http://media.corrado-club.ca/tech/timingchain.pdf
And I plan to do the parts order today or tomorrow.  The burning question is that while I'm in there I want to change all of the
other 'expected failure' bits and other maintenance stuff (clutch, etc).  I started a post on the tex as well:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?cmd=fshow&id=6

Thanks in advance for advice.
Al