No New Version of the Scirocco for the States

Nice canned response.

I think it is pretty lame that they'd use the excuse that the Scirocco would
take away from GTI sales. What kind of crap is that? This is the same
mentality that kept the cosworth Escort from the states as well as the WRX
and Lancer EVO. The American public would never spend that kind of money on
a 40k sport hatch. Well, it's kind of funny that I have a bunch of friends
that have spend that much and more on Evo's and STI's. Similar thinking is
what kept the R32 from the states for a few years.

They are completely out of touch and look only at numbers and demographics.
Well, I don't want to hear any whining about them not hitting their sales
numbers here in the US.

I think the new Rocco looks kind of cool but still would like to see at
least one holdover line from a previous generation. Ford did it with the new
Mustang. You can have a new car but have a hint of it's heritage. But who am
I? i'm just a sales guy from Seattle. I don't know squat.