Early/ late brake Master Cylinder

Don't forget Corrados :)

Best bet is to get the entire 16v scirocco setup including MC, booster with
bracket to fire wall and proportioning valves.  I have a picture of a 20mm
MC and a 22mm MC with proportioning valves (granted there are different
manufactures of each MC and they might look different on the outside) here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/SCIROCCOMASTERCYLINDERS
Older MCs are easy to spot since they have electrical connections sticking
out the side to activate the brake lights.  They changed to a pedal switch
(one of the first things done to our MK1 cars) somewhere around 1982-1984.
If you are talking about your new MK1 then you might want the bracket that
the S2 booster mounts to that bolts to the fire wall just to make sure it
fits right.  At some point I believe they changed the configuration and
flipped the "U" shape 180?.  Others on here might know if that is an
unnecessary step but I would take no chances.  Also was the pedal cluster on
the 16v also an upgrade with a different clutch pedal set up?  Something
with an extra spring?  I could be wrong again.

P.S. I will be in SLC tomorrow, 4-23-07, for 2 weeks so if you are around
give me a ring.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5