Stumble/miss/hesitate Was: 82 wiring diagram PDF needed...

On 10:24 pm 09/30/06 Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Air flow sensor is fine, but if my next round of parts swapping
> tomorrow doesn't fix the problem I'll borrow a friend's fuel pressure
> gauge. I'm going to try swapping out the knock box first, and then
> one of the many fuel distributors I have lying around...
>
> Here's another symptom: at steady city speeds when I accelerate it'll
> stumble and surge continuously right to redline, unless the pedal is
> floored (the stumble/surge isn't nearly as noticeable, but still
> there). Cruising along at highway speeds it'll stumble/miss quite a
> bit, and I have to apply much more throttle than normal to maintain
> speed, with fuel milage suffering as a result.
>
> Hopefully I'll figure it out tomorrow...
>
> Bad distributor?

Good luck Mark, I sure do feel your pain. I was there not long ago, mine
was a bad distributor, but the symptoms are so general, who knows eh? Just
don't trust anything you've replaced already, that was the factor that
prolonged my pain, distrubutor three was the charm.
cathy