The search in Jett-A, was firey rocco

Did Herby have water pumper kids?

Yes, yes he did. Did you ever notice Herbie's number? Co-incidence? I think
not.

I'm a little worried about some Audi style unintended
> acceleration,

I bought an Audi 5000 just before all that nonsense started, what I got
from it is that the brake and accelerator pedals were too closely spaced,
so folks with big feet would hit both pedals when they intended to slam on
the brake. I never pinned any of my kids against the garage wall in mine at
any rate....but maybe I should have....:P (the car's auto tranny eventually
died, who would think?)

     Leaky oil pan
> had sprayed oil over everything including O2 sensor

I'd check O2 sensor function, idle will hunt if it isn't functioning
properly. Also, it will do so if it is running way rich, so once you verify
that it works, check DPR current. Now OTOH, if it's Motronic, which it may
well be, no clue. So someone else will have to advise you. But I'd look at
O2 sensor and mix if it's a CIS-E car...and I'd just replace all the small
vaccuum lines as a matter of course, along with main grounds. The last two
will save you all manner of problems.

Cathy