List slow? Racing update! (GRM $2006 challenge)

So... There were like 15 "list is slow!" posts, but not a single response to the *REAL* scirocco content... hmm...

Anyhow, here are my pics from the GRM event:

http://scirocco.dhs.org/vw/pics/o-grm-2k%2B6/index.htm

It was loads of fun, and it was a blast hanging out with Brett, Brian, Brad, Byron, and Brians other brother Daryl :).  My only
regret was having to duck out early on Saturday (to help Sandei prepare for her yearly Halloween party, and to watch the kids during
said event).

I was happy to be able to contribute somewhat - I *think* I turned in the highest (average joe)autox times for the three cars we
brought (though I was bested by the loaner "professional driver" that took the mk2 for a few laps).  Luckily my times helped scoot
the two MK1's a bit higher on the rankings list.  I was also happy to lend some quick shade-tree alignment action to the mk2 - it
would literally change lanes on throttle, and when you're throttle and clutch are essentially on/off switches, that's really not a
good thing...

Since I was playing it by ear on the duck-out time (waiting on Sandei to call me for help prior to leaving), I was not able to
contribute my (-)110# weight difference to the drag races on Saturday.  There's always next year I suppose...

Thanks to Brad for loaning me a Minolta 70-210 lens for use on my A100.
Thanks to Brians family for keeping us alive with track-side refreshments from their RV.
Thanks to the guys for allowing me to tag along as part of the team.

I'll leave the rest of the story telling to Brett on this one :)

Al