WAY OT: Rant, since it's slow, and I'm due

> Okay, overall, life is good. I have no serious complaints.
> BUT 1. I go to get film, the fridge is EMPTY at the camera
> store (okay, there were like 10 small rolls), I used to be
> able to go get a 100' roll off the shelf, with about 8
> choices no less. I realize digital is the end all/be all and
> besides, a dSLR is like 3X the price of an equivalent new
> film SLR, so why not. But I resent being forced out of doing
> something I really enjoy. B&W has never been the mainstream
> choice, colour film can vanish as far as I'm concerned (I
> shoot digital colour), but stabilise and leave me my damned
> primitive silver film. Agfa's gone, Kodak's going out of film
> totally, and Ilford will be able to set prices where ever
> they want (they're 30-50% higher than a few months ago), if
> they too don't go under.
> Stockpiling may be my best option.

They are all going out of the film business. dSLR is not that expensive once
you figure that you no longer spend money every time you hit the shutter
button. But I hear you, and maybee they'll do with films what they did with
33rpm vinyls which are still available for the hardcore enthusiasts.

> 2. This is MORE SERIOUS. Local rednecks drink Coors and Bud,
> so the beer store is NO LONGER STOCKING Unibroue. WTH???? I'm
> all about supporting Canadian culture here, including some
> goods from la belle province. Gotta go to the city for beer now. :(

Sorry to hear that Cathy, you'll have to stockpile beer too. One of my
favorite beer, Tetley's (Leeds, UK) is not available in stores around here.
I have to go to the Ontario Liquor Store to get the bloody thing... I'll
have to stockpike beer too.

> 3. Can someone do something about this weather??? I mean, I
> think I remember what the sun looks like, I saw it in
> September. And every shoe I own is wet.

Hang on Cathy, spring is comming...

> That's it, have a nice morning.
> cathy

Ok, but I forgot to change my clocks, so I was out for breakfast before I
actually got up. I am now a time traveler. Not bad. I'll have to rig the
Scirocco, which incidently is going into winter storage this week, like thay
did to that poor Delorean in the movie.

Cheers.

Marc