16V Rocc. Man. rack and pinion = same as A1 GTI?

I did a little more research on the racks too.  The one I am replacing is
actually in my '82 pickup.  For some reason, the pickups never had quite the
turning response as the GTI, they had a slightly different ratio that did
not give you as high an angle full-lock.  This combined with 6" longer
wheelbase makes them a pig to park, even though they are small.

I asked for info about the GTI because I -knew- what it should be like.

And thanks Ben, I will take that under advisement as well.  Autozone can get
one for about 125.00 IIRC, which will beat out the others with shipping.
Only thing is, I don't know which rack I will get, the same stupid pickup
rack, or the other one that it supersedes and everything else has?

David

  _____