Shoes. Or, yet another fab-u-lous weekend with listers (long)

Damn, it's Monday.  I'm just suffering some
lister-withdrawal that is common after a group of them
leave after spending a couple days here.

Jim Jarrett showed up Thursday afternoon from Madison, in
his Golf.  Probably a good choice because a) the interior
of his Scirocco looked like an explosion at a wire factory
due to dash replacement and stereo install and b) it snowed
like hell for a portion of his trip.  The evening was
otherwise quiet, with the major activity of the evening
being chatting and dinner.

Shoes*

Friday while "at work" Jim & I made some more progress on
my 16v.  I concentrated on finishing the sandblasting and
cleaning of a number of parts in the engine bay, while he
was elbows-deep into soldering connections for a 3-gauge
panel install.  Towards evening, we repositioned one of the
rental aircraft to my company's other airport, which was
semi-entertaining as Friday was *very* windy.  The rest of
the evening was spent playing euchre awaiting Cathy's
arrival.  She showed up around 11:30 after battling snow
and Detroit side-streets in the Bug, cursing Jim
all-the-while.  (Bad weather is always Jim's fault you
see.)

OMG Shoes*

Saturday dawned a clear blue, so we decided to forsake the
cars and hit the airways.  A local chapter of the
International Organization of Women Pilots was having a
fund-raiser for breast cancer, which gave us a really good
excuse to fly and help out a good cause.  So the four of
us, plus local lister Behrle Hubbach and my partner Brad
piled into a couple airplanes and headed out on the Poker
flight.  (Basically they give you a card, which you take to
several other selected airports to have stamped, and at the
last airport they deal you a hand of cards, with prizes for
the best hand.)  The highlight of the flight probably had
to be overflying Wright-Patt Air Force Base in loose
formation with a C-5.  I'll have to get some pics posted
somewhere....

Let's get some shoes*

Once back at home, we teched Behrle's wife's Cabriolet with
what we hope was some success.  It looks as though at least
 one of the injectors isn't spraying nicely and the fuel
mixture is all out of whack.  Rather than stranding himself
30 miles from home, he headed back.  Well, almost - one
injector didn't get seated and ended up getting snapped in
the head.  Behrle managed to fish it out somehow, and I had
a spare injector to get him back to Yellow Springs.  Pizza
and Super Troopers finished off our evening, with Ben
Harder showing up towards the beginning of the movie.

These shoes rule*

It was still nice Sunday morning so, oh darn, we flew to
Portsmouth for breakfast.  Lemme tell ya, Jim & Cathy
really hate this flying thing.  (Cathy's face must hurt
from all the smiling, and Jim's flying lessons are
progressing nicely.  Muhahaha.)  Too bad that once we got
back here, they had to pack up and head home.  :(  I got a
note from each of them letting me know they arrived safely,
and we must do this again before too long.  I hope so,
winter is too long to get through without good friends.

*Oh, and for the shoes reference:

<http://youtube.com/watch?v=tYnn51C3X_w>

Jim showed me this little clip shortly after he arrived and
I found it stupidly-hysterical.  Lines from the video were
the catch-phrases of the weekend.  Yeah, I guess you just
had to be here.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172