Shoes. Or, yet another fab-u-lous weekend with listers (long)

The Shoes video.... I guess I'm glad I got a car and a computer for my birthday!

In the continued spirit of the weekend update....
Friday I went to my brothers and did nothing car related.
Saturday I went to a noon show to see the babds Hem and Ollabelle.
(cool folk/country/blugrass mashup stuff)
Sunday I slept late, stopped by Dan Bubbs and we fiddled with a shift
relay lever.  The square portion of mine (which was also a
short-shift) at the bottom was rather rounded out.  I had sourced a
regular one, so I removed metal (the elongated lever for the
short-shift) and Dan added metal (welded it to my stock, unworn shift
arm.)
Went home, cleaned out the Jetta and dropped it off at my favorite
mechanic.  Time for a new master cylinder, since the pedal was sinking
to the floor with startling regularity.  Painted two steelies, I plan
to rock some winter tires on my nifty painted steelies.  Photos to
follow sometime, when I've finished 'em.
Oveall impression from driving the Scirocco all weekend and then
jumping in the Jetta last night made it (the Jetta) feel like it was
SUV hight off the road.

Cheers,

GP

--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"