Is the 1.8 16V really 1800 cc or is it a little less?

I can't change the engine internals except for maintenance.  Rules state
that you can't over bore pistons, only hone out cyl. walls to within
maintenance specs from the original production.  I am still looking into
this, I am wondering if VW allowed a 1 size over as a standard maintenance
routine.  That may get me a little (very little but everything counts
doesn't it) extra.

   Also, I made a mistake on the decking of the head.  I can deck the head
   as long as the compression ratio is not raised more than .5

   I am still looking into this class and seeing what I can do to the
   engine/trany combo.  The course it will run on is primarily a cornering
   course.  There are not long straights to over power another car (a
   couple shorter ones) so the main focus is on braking and handling in and
   out of the corners.  So I need to get something that has good torque to
   get me out of those corners quickly.

   I still have to look into the TB and intake restrictions.  I thought of
   a very long runner intake man on the 1.7 to get better torque, but I am
   not sure if that is legal yet.

   Cory Langford
   82/83/78 shells looking to become a race car 8^)
   81 1.8S (for Supercharged)
   78 1.9L 8V Turbo
   86 2.1L 8V Turbo
   68 Ghia