  From: Gordy Stedman
  To: David Brown ; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:49 AM
  Subject: Re: 9A block from Audi 88

  If it has "2.0L" on the back side of the block, whether it is a 3A or 9A,
  for under $100 I would get it.  I paid $300 for my 3A and it was still
  attached to the rest of the Audi :)  PITA to drop since it was connected to
  a auto tranny and in a B chassis but well worth it.  Putting a 16V head on a
  3A would require new pistons and forged ones if you want to boost it.

  --
  Gordy
  MK1 x 4