  From: Andy Hartsig
  To: raveracer77 ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 04:59 PM
  Subject: Re: Strut bearing replacement

  Ya those are what I'm talking about.  I've got the CV's out for some trans work so I tried to just pull the 2 nuts that hold the bearing to the body. I dropped it down and it didn't want to go down far enough to let me tip it out from the fenderwell. I think it was either the tierod end or the balljoint that limited the travel. It looks like I'll need to put an allen wrench in the shaft of the strut and use either a offset box wrench or a socket that I can turn w/ a wrench to undo the top nut.  Should I be able to pull this off without unbolting the strut from the knuckle?

  Andy  84 mk2 rocco