Strut bearing replacement

Ok so my strut bearings are rattling enough to annoy me into changing them.
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace them without completely
removing the strut and requiring a realignment? I was thinking of
compressing the spring while the strut is still attached and hopefully that
will give me enough room to pull the bearing without removing the whole
thing. Any ideas?  Any way of removing the whole strut without needing an
alignment afterward?

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. Happy Turkey Day!!