From: Jeff Toomasson [mailto:area53@validpath.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:10 PM
To: rfkellner@snet.net
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: 4K vs. 2Y, not much difference?

I've missed virtually every post in this thread so far so forgive me if
I'm
missing some specifics, but the FN (or like 3.89 wide-ratio box) is IMHO
the
best setup for any N/A A1 VW; unless you're going to track it and then
all bets
are off.

If your goal is a higher R&P w/ a .75 5th setup, why not start w/ the
4K? One
thing I remember from my conversations w/ Ron is that the teeth on the
3.89
are "less robust" than those on the 3.94 (at least I think that's how it

went...)

Also, the designation "8v 020 box" can't be used in your context - some
A3
trannies, like my DFQ, came from an 8v but have the larger "16v-style"
input
shaft.

HTH, JT

> Dan, do you think I will have any complications with the R&P (3.89)
from