FS - '86.5 16v in Cincy - $1k

I looked at / drove this car yesterday while having the
Golf's 60k service done.  David Brown also looked at this
car.

The brief description:

Black w/ black leather, sunroof, power windows & locks.

The Good:
-One owner
-Straight body w/ exception of one ding in left fender.
-Rus / rot free.  The underside also appears to be in fine
shape.
-Seats in excellent condition with one small tear in
driver's bolster
-Clean headliner with slight "pulling away" from around
sunroof in two spots.
-New (stock) exhaust, except muffler which is still
original.
-SS brake lines
-Short shift kit
-Nuespeed front upper bar
-Old-Skool (late '80s early '90s) BBS 14" wheels.

The Bad:
-Cosmetics.  Paint is showing its age.  It's fading off of
plastic parts (bodykit, bumper covers) and the hood was
repainted thanks to a baseball ding years ago - clearcoated
and coming off.
-Minor rust around door handles, no rust through.
-Severely cracked dash
-A/C inop
-Rear wiper looks to be inop (wasn't tested, but is parked
on "wrong" side.)
-sunroof inop.  (likely the sliders that the guide pins go
into, doesn't sit flush with roofline.)
-passenger window inop most of the time.
-small rock chip in passenger side of windshield.
-Fuel pump (didn't check which one) is perhaps *slightly*
louder than normal.  (Or it could be my car just has a
louder exhaust.)

The car appears to be in decent basic mechanical shape.  It
starts easily, runs quietly and smoothly, and still pulls
pretty strongly to redline.  The suspension seems to be in
solid shape and no major vibrations were noted up to an
tested 80 mph.  The worst part about the car is the paint,
followed by some of the inoperative accessories.

If anyone's seriously interested I could help coordinate
acquisition....   e-mail me off list.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v             '88 Scirocco Slegato
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172