My Mk1 questions (with pics); your answers

I need the rubber piece that has four integrated vacuum rubber sleeves
on it (pic below).  As well, I'd like to know what it is attached to.
What is this part of the system?  I am guessing it has to do with
EGR-related crapola?  Didn't trace it out as I was under the gun to
get stuff done.

And, is this part available via 'the man'?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/gooddane66/1979%20Scirocco/IDPart.jpg

Moving on, I found my first wet spot under the accelerator pedal.
Guess I am not surprised.  Rotted through the carpet.  I pulled it
back a bit and didn't see too much rot, but I think I am being duped.
I'll cut it at Cincy and then do a beer bong or something to dull the
pain.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/gooddane66/1979%20Scirocco/rotatpedal.jpg

Which leads me to ask, what is the deal with the drains under the rain
tray?  I know where they are in the Mk2, but I don't see such ones in
the Mk1.  Instead I see rubber booties more towards the raintray (the
Mk2 are at the edge towards the fender).  So, in this pic on the left
side, is that the drain boot under the ECU cables?  If so, it was
kinda boogered up with crap (which might explain the rot inside).  Or
so I am hoping.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/gooddane66/1979%20Scirocco/drainboot.jpg

Any help on keeping this puppy from wizzing itself inside is appreciated.